Re: Problems with gdmconf

* Simon Hepburn (sth@blueyonder.co.uk) wrote:
> When you reinstalled gdm did you remove it or purge it beforehand ? You need
> to purge to remove all the old configuration settings. Given that your kids
> are running kde you might be better off installing kdm. If you get back to
> where you were orginally i.e your only problem is kicker dying, debian-kde
> would be a good place to ask.

I removed gdm and all the directories I could find (having neglected to have apt-get do that).  When I reinstalled, there was little in the directories, but I probably missed something.

I have no experience with kdm, but had started thinking about it -- the distribution I started with (Libranet, based on Debian) provides both Gnome and KDE, but uses gdm as the default.

About kicker -- with no intervention from me, it is now working again, for the moment.  It has done that intermittent thing before.  I'll try kdm first, and see how it goes.  All I need is mail from another list  ;-)

Thanks, Simon

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.