Re: Pump and Dhclient

Hi Raghavendra!

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

> I start  udhcpc manually.  What  is the best  way to start  udhcpc while
> booting up ?  Is it OK to create a symlink farm using update-rc.d ?  How
> are you doing this ?

modify /etc/network/interfaces and add the auto line:

eg
auto eth0

will when booting fire up eth0. and if your configuration is something
like
eth0 inet dhcp
it will when booting automatically (try) to retreive its ip via dhcp
(whatever client you have installed)

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred