Re: Pump and Dhclient

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:26:42PM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
> What about these lines in the example config?  Woudl you be kind and
> send your interfaces and dhclient.conf ?
>
> Thank you
>
> #alias {
> #  interface "eth0";
> #  fixed-address 192.5.5.213;
> #  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.255;
> #}
>
> #lease {
> #  interface "eth0";
> #  fixed-address 192.33.137.200;

For interfaces I just have:

# Used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8). See the interfaces(5) manpage or
# /usr/share/doc/netbase/examples for more information.
#
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

and here I just use udhcpc - the tiny dhcp client... no config there.

I thought I was using dhcp-client (which I was) - but I just changed to
the tiny version. It works perfectly..

I found pump to be the most buggy dhcp client available - it would not
start on the right interface on my "server" that has 2 nics.. And there
were tons of other bugs, ugghh..

I like udhcpc since it is very small and seems to work quite reliably.

- Adam