Strange messages on all terminals

I am having a problem with all my virtual terminals(ctr-alt-F<1-6>)  For
some reason a constant stream of information is sent to all of them.  It
seems to be something to do with my internet connection, because its
specifying MAC addresses and a couple of other things which makes me
think its displaying all incomming packets to the terminals.  Now this
is not affecting X or any of the X-terms, but its sure a bother while
working in a virtual terminal.  I am running woody and a 2.4.19 ac
pre-patch.  Anyone have an idea why this is happening.  Its been going
on for a while now and I tried re-compiling the kernel taking out all
verbose debug messages having to do with the net connection.  I am also
running the new isc dhcp client 3.0, but this was happening before with
the old 2.2 version.  Im not sure what else might be causing this.  This
is especially embaracing because Im trying to get a bunch of my friends
to switch from windows, and having all that trash there and not knowing
what is causeing it is not a major selling point.  Anyone have an idea?
Thanks.
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."