Re: Massive issues with WMaker and X

on Fri, Mar 08, 2002, Jonathan Ard (ard@cs.oberlin.edu) wrote:

> Ok, so I am having some major issues with Window Maker.  When I start it
> up, it tells me it can't load the Applications Menu, and that I should
> check the output in the terminal to see what the problem is.

You've resolved this issue, not addressed.

> Unfortunately, I am running wdm, so I don't have a terminal to look at.

Wrong:  unless you've changed your /etc/inittab, you're running six text
consoles in virtual terminals 1-6.  You can reach these via the 'chvt'
(change virtual terminal) command (run with root priviliges), or with
the keystroke <ctrl><alt><F[1-6> (that's control plus alt plus any of
the function keys one through six.

There's a short FAQ on GNU/Linux X display manager disabling you may
find useful, at:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/xdm-disable.html

Please address your quoting style as well.

Peace.