Re: Wheel mouse

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 09:58:09PM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> * csj (csj@mindgate.net) wrote:
> > On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 21:17:27 -0600
> > Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > >  Daniel Toffetti wrote:
> > >
> > >  >Hi !
> > >  >
> > >  >I've searched through the archives looking for the correct
> > >  >configuration of a three wheel mouse (in my case, it's a Genius Optical
> > >  >NetScroll+ Eye PS/2)
> >
> > I just bought one and the wheel also doesn't work. My other machine has
> > a Logitech optical which does work.
> >

> So what are your settings?  I have one on my kids' machine, and it is as
> flaky as can be.

If you're talking about the Logitech Optical Mouse, I have several and
with one exception found them easy to set up and get working.

My XF86Config-4 has

  Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier  "Logitech Optical Mouse M-BJ58"
          Driver      "mouse"
          Option      "Buttons"        "5"
          Option      "CorePointer"
          Option      "Device"         "/dev/misc/psaux"
          Option      "Protocol"       "IMPS/2"
          Option      "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
  EndSection

However, I did have one machine with an el-cheapo athlon motherboard
that would freak out if the optical mouse was plugged into it, usb or
ps/2.  What was really strange is that this problem occurred in linux
and Win2k, and not with other mice! Finally I got pawned that system
board off to someone who uses an intellimouse (and windows) instead.

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.