Re: Incorporating testing or unstable

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:16:54PM -0600, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Hi,
> > Can anyone tell me the process by which I might incorporate
> [...]
> > specific- instances of testing packages but on the whole remain
> > at stable.
>
>   First, create an /etc/apt/preferences file, and put something like this in
> it:

That won't work with the apt in stable, so you'll have to upgrade it. To
be honest, if you're going to do this, you might as well upgrade
wholesale to testing; stable and testing are something like a year and a
half apart now, and mixing them isn't terribly practical without
building everything from source yourself.

(Yes, this is a bad situation.)