Re: Copying Partition, Using Reiser.

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 15:32, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   I have a 1.9 Gig install of Debian I would like to copy to a second
> computer. Further more, I would like to format the hard disk on the new
> computer with ReiserFS rather than ext2. Is there a simple way to do the
> above steps?
>   If not, is there an easy way to do a netinst install using ReiserFS? The
> only net_inst image I can find that offers Reiser seems to require ElTorrito
> Alternate Boot Image support, which my notebook does not seem to support.
>
>   Any suggestions/ideas?

2 things:

1. Does your current kernel support Reiser?  If so, then you
   can put the destination disk in the current disk and copy.
2. Is your whole install (including /boot, /var, etc. in _one_
    partition?  If so, then tar will work and not screw up links.
   If the install is not on 1 partition, then please tell me how
   you get it to successfully move links to the new partitions!

Ron
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |