Re: XDMCP Howto? [SOLVED]

Thanks to everyone for your help.  I now have it working exactly as I
wanted.  For those who care, this is what I did to each of the machines.

Commented out the servers in the [servers] section of gdm.conf.

Added
x5:5:respawn:/usr/bin/X11/X -indirect localhost > /var/log/XFree86.log
2>&1

to /etc/inittab and set my default runlevel to 5
(I'm a little unsure of the syntax of this, but it seems to work
correctly).  I chose to enable xdmcp on all of the machines and have
them all query localhost.  If I had them all just querying one machine
and that machine was down I wouldn't have X anywhere, that wouldn't be
any fun :).

Now whenever I boot any of my linux boxes it gives me the gdmchooser to
decide which machine to log into, once I choose a machine I am then
given the standard gdm login screen (except if I choose the Indy, which
gives me the standard xdm login screen...wish I could get that one to
give me clogin, but that's a question for an IRIX list).

Now I'd like to add my laptop into the mix, but my concern is that my
laptop is also connected to the internet.  Is there something I can put
into /etc/hosts.{allow|deny} that will let me do this safely?  I can't
just blindly deny everything not on my network, since there are some
services that I do need to be able to reach from the internet.

By the way, the Indigo Magic desktop looks GREAT on a 22" monitor :).  I
just wish that 5dwm.org had released source code so that I could fix
some of the more glaring errors and use it as my desktop on all of my
machines.  Better yet, having SGI open source 4Dwm, toolchest, and fm
would truly make me happy.  Ah well, such is life.

Cheers,

Caleb