TV over LAN?

Hello everyone. This question is not meant that serious, but
nevertheless with interest:

in my LAN i have running a gateway, a workstation and a laptop. The
workstation is equipped with a TV card (BT878) and works just fine.
Is there a way to view TV on my laptop by using the PC and the LAN?

I know this will pollute the LAN, but well, it is my private little one
:-)
Knowing that USB _almost_ ha enough bandwidth for viewing TV i wonder if
i can use my LAN for TV redirection.

Any ideas what ways exist? Maybe simple X forwarding, but are there
other ways (what about xhost/xauth settings)?
My LAN is a normal 100mbit ethernet.

Thanx all,

Timo