Re: TV over LAN?

I did this a while ago...

I am almost afraid to admit this but I used Real Video, set up the free evaluation "limited stream count" server and the "free" producer. The producers input was /dev/bt??? (it's been a while but is the same type of card as yours) and produced to the local server.

I configured this to produce the "250Kbit" stream and just fired up the "free" real player on my linux laptop. I could site on my couch and watch real tv and real-player tv with sound... Pun intended?

Real server can also record ("archive") if you want it to, not that a vcr or tivo can't do these for you...

Hope this helps.
Loren

The next step was