Re: TV over LAN?

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Timo --Blazko-- Boewing wrote:
> in my LAN i have running a gateway, a workstation and a laptop. The
> workstation is equipped with a TV card (BT878) and works just fine.
> Is there a way to view TV on my laptop by using the PC and the LAN?

VideoLAN sounds kind of useful. From their homepage (www.videolan.org):

 VideoLAN is a project of second-year students at the École Centrale
 Paris. Its purposes are to set up and exploit a very high throughput
 network, in order to broadcast digital video and Video on Demand on the
 campus.
 The VideoLAN Server broadcasts MPEG2 videos on the network. Today,
 possible inputs include DVDs, DVB-S satellite streams, MPEG-1 or MPEG-2
 files, MPEG-2 real-time encoding cards.

Peter De Wachter