Re: Problems printing postscipt with magicfilter

Em Ter, 2002-03-05 às 17:49, Wolfgang Hlawatsch escreveu:
> I am fairly new to Linux, and I am just about to install my printserver
> with Debian (Potato).
>
> The printer refuses to print a postscript file by use of lpr. I used
> "magicfilterconfig --force" several times, but I receive no printout. I
> looked at the printcap-file, and compared with different information I
> found in the net, but as I can judge it seems o.k.
>
> I can print a file using:
> gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=necp6 -sOutputFile=\|lpr
> (filename)
> it works perfectly.
>
> That tells me that lpd is running, isn't it? But using:
>
> lpr (filename) I receive no output from the printer.
>
> I can watch for a short time, using lpq that the printjob is in the
> print-queue. Not any reaction of the printer is the result. When I
> remove the command: sh  in the printcap I receive a trailing page. So,
> my conclusion is, the problem is in the magicfilter-file. But what can
> be the problem?
>
> I tried different parameters the first two lines in "necp6-filter", and
> it did not solve the problem.
>
> I was reading among others that the printcap-file must be activated as
> an executable. How can I test, or perform, this? Or is it a permission
> problem? How to test this?

1st: are you able to print a normal text file  ?
for ex: lpr /etc/printcap

If its only the postscript files that give you problems
then the postscript entry in the necp6 uses the syntax "@necp6.upp" (at
least mine does) which supposes a newer ghostscript ?>6.5

If this is not the case modify your filter in order to use the old
-sDEVICE=necp6 syntax

<whatever> filter gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=necp6
-sOutputFile=- - -c quit

Michel.