Problems printing postscipt with magicfilter

I am fairly new to Linux, and I am just about to install my printserver
with Debian (Potato).

The printer refuses to print a postscript file by use of lpr. I used
"magicfilterconfig --force" several times, but I receive no printout. I
looked at the printcap-file, and compared with different information I
found in the net, but as I can judge it seems o.k.

I can print a file using:
gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=necp6 -sOutputFile=\|lpr
(filename)
it works perfectly.

That tells me that lpd is running, isn't it? But using:

lpr (filename) I receive no output from the printer.

I can watch for a short time, using lpq that the printjob is in the
print-queue. Not any reaction of the printer is the result. When I
remove the command: sh  in the printcap I receive a trailing page. So,
my conclusion is, the problem is in the magicfilter-file. But what can
be the problem?

I tried different parameters the first two lines in "necp6-filter", and
it did not solve the problem.

I was reading among others that the printcap-file must be activated as
an executable. How can I test, or perform, this? Or is it a permission
problem? How to test this?

thanks in advance for your help.

Wolfgang