From: Corey Halpin [mailto:crhalpin@students.wisc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 4:52 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Kernel panic on install, Dell Poweredge 350

> The last message I get is:  "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root
> fs on 01:00"

  that's a pretty common error if you've borked your kernel install.
  It means that either you don't have drivers for your hard disk built
in the kernel, or that you don't have drivers for your filesystem built
into the kernel.
  Drivers for hard drive, and root fs _must_ be in the kernel, as it's
kind of hard to load them from an unmounted partition that you don't
know how to talk to.

crh
--
Corey R. Halpin (http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~halpin/ )
Student of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences University of