Re: Ugly Fonts

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 07:07, Simon Hepburn wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 Mar 2002 12:40 pm, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> >
> > XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
> >
> > Google led me to an article where xfstt was mentioned.  Apt-get
> > installed it.  Also added the 7101 lie to XF86Config.  Made no
> > difference.  Rebooted and now instead of staring at horrible spidery
> > fonts I have nece clear ones.
> >
> You only need to restart the xserver for any configuration changes to take
> effect, no need to reboot. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace normally does the job.

Wouldn't he have to restart xfs (and xfstt)?

# /etc/init.d/xfs stop
# /etc/init.d/xfstt stop
# /etc/init.d/xfs start
# /etc/init.d/xfstt start

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |