Re: Ugly Fonts

On Tuesday 05 Mar 2002 12:40 pm, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
>
> Google led me to an article where xfstt was mentioned.  Apt-get
> installed it.  Also added the 7101 lie to XF86Config.  Made no
> difference.  Rebooted and now instead of staring at horrible spidery
> fonts I have nece clear ones.

You only need to restart the xserver for any configuration changes to take
effect, no need to reboot. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace normally does the job.

> Windows still does a lot better jon on www.theregister.com and it shows
> them as a lot larger.  If there's an obvious thing I need to know to
> improve on this please let me know.

This is probably a matter of configuring the fonts your browser uses. Send me
your latest  XF86Config-4 anyway, I'll take a look. One other thing, did you
prepare your truetype directory yourself or did you use package msttcorefonts
? Can you display truetype fonts now ?

Simon Hepburn.