webtrends on debian?

Does anyone have any pointers for getting webtrends up and running on
Debian (woody). It seems to need wtrs and wtrs_ui running, both listen
of different ports, 9999 and 1099.

I needed to change the installation script so put put stuff in
/etc/rc?.d /etc/init.d instead of the redhat /etc/rc.d/init.d, and added
/usr/local/webtrends to the ld.so.conf so the progs found their libs.

It seems to want everything owned by bin.bin.

It then it able to run the wtrs program as the 'bin' user
, but cannot run wtrs_ui and doesn't give out any errors.
If I chown the lot to root.root  then try and run them both as root, it
runs the wtrs_ui but not the wtrs.

Any help appreciated.

Saying 'it isn't free, find something free and use that' doesn't count as help :-P
I have to get this working for a client, if I can't get it running on
debian, I'll have to stick redhat on the box :(

Thanks,

Ben White