Re: Small bug in dh-make-perl? [was dh-make-perl]

At 07:43 PM 03/03/02 -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
>I need some of the perl modules installed right now for a school
>project so am installing them directly with the CPAN shell, until I
>figure out if its my local technique that is the problem.
>
>I wonder if doing this without dh-make-perl, sort of behind debians
>back, will cause me some grief in some way later?

Coming from the perl side, I'd wonder more about if not using the standard
method to install modules will cause problems later down the road.

Somewhat related, it's commonly suggested to build Apache/mod_perl
statically from source instead of using packages.  I haven't heard of
problems with Debian, but often with regard to mod_perl RPMs.

Seems overkill to add an extra layer to something like adding perl modules,
when there's already a "package system" for them (perl -MCPAN -e 'install
module').

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org