Re: ALSA or XMMS problem?

Caleb Shay wrote:

> Actually, you DON'T need the aalsa xmms plugin (which is good, since
> it's no longer available, AFAIK).  If you edit
> /etc/alsa/alsa-base.conf there is a line near the top that says
> "startosslayer=false".  Change that to true and OSS programs just
> work automagically.

Already have done that. Anyway: sound now works for users as well. It
was just a reboot and it worked. Strange. I thought this is only
necessary on Windows. ;-)

But I don't get a system beep anymore. Do I have to configure ALSA in
some way that it generates system beeps as well? In XMMS it works fine,
but e.g. when pressing Tab in an xterm I used to hear a beep when the
completion is not unique.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 3 quickest ways to spread news?  Telephone, Television, Tellawoman.