Re: ALSA or XMMS problem?

High,

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> Sebastiaan wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Stefan Bellon wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > So, what's my problem here? It surely is no hardware problem as the
> > > sound indeed does work (for root).
> > >
> > Are the users members of the group audio?
> > crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   3 Jan  1  1970 /dev/sound/dsp
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention that. Yes, I've added them to the group audio.

Nice. I just thought about something. xmms needs the alsa plugin
(xmms-aalsa) to work with alsa (and configure xmms to use it). But you
said that normal users were unable
to play dummy sounds too, so that must be solved first. I have tried alsa
0.9 once, but it did not work very good (the volume resets itself to 0
every couple of minutes), so I downgraded to 0.5.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan