Re: Need Creative Method to transfer a file

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 10:16:47PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> I installed mgetty on the laptop, and plugged it into Mom's second phone
> line. Using this method, I was able to fire up minicom on Mom's computer
> and dial-in and log on to my laptop. But Kermit is not installed on
> Mom's, and none of the Ctrl-Z,A,R file-transfer options worked for me.

So you have a connection, then all is possible:)
Basicly file transfer is about reading/writing from/to a port.
Make you own little script on both machines to do so, transfer
`asciified' binaries if you don't trust the eight-bitness of your port.

Both machines should have Perl.

--
groetjes, carel