is task-x-window-system uninstallable from unstable on alpha?

Am I missing something, or is task-x-window-system uninstallable on my alpha
(Noname) from unstable?

It appears that the problem boils down to rstart and rstartd conflicting
with xutils.  If rstart, rstartd and xlib6g-dev (which depends on xutils)
are all depends of task-x-windows-system, and xutils conflicts with rstart
and rstartd, I can't resolve all the depends with all the conflicts to get
task-x-window-system installed...

I see that xutils replaces rstart & rstartd, but dselect and apt-get install
don't seem to agree with that.

I got X installed by forcing dselect to stop checking dependencies after I
marked xutils for installation and rstart & rstartd for removal.  Everything
seems to be working fine...but it's not hardly easy to figure out.

Am I missing something?  If not, has this been reported as a bug already?
(I couldn't find it in the BTS.)

Thanks!
Todd Trimble
trimble@iquest.net