Re: really stuffed up news system!!!!!!!

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:45:55AM +0200, Ian Balchin wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 01:27:24AM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
>
> when do you sleep, Carel?

I don't:)

> > looks like inn leftovers.
>
> Yes. I found some inn2 with deselect and removed same.

...sniped removal proof and first succesfull (yea right) fetchnews...

> Then into slrn but still no newsgroups

I don't have fetchnews, nor slrn so I back off for a while:(
You could try to look into fetchmails logs, or make fetchmail more
verbose (add a few -v?) cause it doesn't tell all it could.

> > met plezier, altijd bereid een taalgenoot:) te helpen
>
> Well, I did learn my Afrikaans off the back of beancans, but I think
> that you meant,
>
> met plesier, altyd bereid een taalgenoot om te help (but I will
> check with my girlfriend this afternoon when we braai. :)

Wel I don't know whether the above is correct Afrikaans, but I sure
would think it means the same:)  Afrikaans and Nederlands did part some
time ago, so by now there are many differences, but I found that if I
don't look to close I'm lured into believing I understand it, can't
say a thing in it ofcourse.  Maybe that fact that I've read a lot of
Medieval Dutch poetry in it's original form may help me here, as there
too wordorder and spelling widely differ but if you squint it reads
just like Dutch today:)

> I note local university has department afrikkaans en nederlands and
> some of the books (i sell them in my shop) are from Holland.

Ah you own a bookstore.  Oh the join of lingering in a good bookstore,
picking up books and entering new worlds...

> www.imaginet.co.za/fables  if you are interested.

...ah, but I prefer to sniff them, to feel them, hold them, read a bit.
You see, I'm not cut out for this computer age and modern shoping:)

You seem a decent block from your students hints and tips sections,
would I live in the far South I would certainly pay a visit to the
shop, some intriging titles you have there (would love to look through
The Owl House).

--
groetjes, carel