Re: really stuffed up news system!!!!!!!

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 07:39:16AM +0000, Glyn Millington wrote:
> Glyn Millington <glyn@millingtons.org> writes:
>

> > Try dpkg -l inn*
> >
> > and dpkg -S innconfval
> >
> > and share what they tell you ;-)

See other post

> Sorry, forgot to add:-
>
> from way back I have set my nntpserver to localhost in .bashrc - I'm not
> sure if it's necessary for leafnode, but doesn't do any harm ;-)

I tried this but it made no difference.  Since the first line in
.bashrc says that .bashrc executed for non-login shells I assume
this will not take effect in a login shell, only if you open a new
shell?  Maybe I am not understanding that correctly.

slrn top line says
** Server: /var/spool/news
and the bottom line says
News Groups: /var/spool/news

so, since I am need a dialup config this is correct?

--
Ian Balchin
http://www.imaginet.co.za/fables