Re: WordPerfect Office 2000 on Debian

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:09:16AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 13:29:01 +0000
> Phillip Deackes <gsmh@runbox.com> wrote:
>
> >  Why is it taking so long to get decent GUI wordprocessing in Linux?
> >  StarOffice is OK, but version 5 was/is a joke the way it enforces the
> >  riduculous SO desktop on users. We do need something similar to MS Office,
> >  Lotus SmartSuite, whatever.
>
> I find Abiword fairly decent. I've been using it for all of my
> semi-professional writing needs for over a year now. Your definition of
> decent may vary, of course.

Glad you mentioned it!!

I use AbiWord as well as OpenOffice... OpenOffice is nice too if you need plenty of nice features... As far as I am concerned, OpenOffice is my favorite for communications with those poor Word users... As a matter of fact I was writing all of my resumes with OpenOffice, converted docs to Word format and attached the with my job applications when I was looking for work...

We've had decent and professional WordProcessing packages for Linux for some time now... :-)

All the best,

Davor