Re: WordPerfect Office 2000 on Debian

On 02 Mar 2002 00:55:36 -0900
"Greg C. Madden" <gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:

> Not much traffic there now but the archive is very helpful.

Thanks, Greg. It does appear CWP for Linux is a terminal case - Xandros,
the new owners of Corel Linux, have not bought the rights to it and Corel
have washed their hands of Linux since Microsoft injected cash into the
company.

I have read through the messages in the newsgroup, but have not come up
with an answer and it really doesn't seem worth the effort.

Why is it taking so long to get decent GUI wordprocessing in Linux?
StarOffice is OK, but version 5 was/is a joke the way it enforces the
riduculous SO desktop on users. We do need something similar to MS Office,
Lotus SmartSuite, whatever.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux