Re: /etc/security/limits.conf

> Hello,
>
> I have a user on my computer that I don't want to be able to do stupid things
> like "yes > /dev/mem". I found a file called /etc/security/limits.conf that
> seems to be able to do what I want. How do I enable it? Thanks.
>
> -Greg Murphy

I do not know how to use /etc/security/limits.conf in order to solve
your problem. However here the permissions for /dev/mem are crw-r-----:

$ ls /dev/mem -l
crw-r-----    1 root     kmem       1,   1 Jan 26 22:39 /dev/mem
$

Which surely prevents joe user from doing this:

$ yes > /dev/mem
bash: /dev/mem: Permission denied
$
--