Re: Xf864 config, and LCD flat panel dispalys?

* stan (stanb@awod.com) spake thusly:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:29:29AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> > * stan (stanb@awod.com) spake thusly:
> > > Just bit the bullet and ordered a nice flat panel LCD display for my wifes
> > > new Debian "testing" workstation.
> > >
> > > I presently have that machine set up in my lab area, thru a kvm switch to a
> > > 19" monitor.
> > >
> > > How can I configure X to work with the new display?
> >
> > Same way you configured it for the old one. IME X v.4 works
> > with them without any (well, almost) configuration.
> >
> Mmm, well that's part of the problem. The way I configured the old one was
> during the Debian install, and I'm not certain how to get back to re-runing
> the configuration dialog.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86. It asks you if you have an LCD monitor,
IIRC (though I've no clue what that does: mine has only Identifier,
HorizSync, VertRefresh and Option "DPMS" in XF86Config-4. Oh, and Option
UseEdidFreqs in Device section, but that may be nvidia-specific.)

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script