Re: FQDN foobar

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:20:50PM +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:

| Hi!
|
| I have a problem with the way gethostname() and getdomainname (don't)
|  work on Debian.
|
| gethostname() returns the hostname, not qualified.

It (or a similarly named function, I don't remember exactly) returns
the first name for the "127.0.0.1" entry in /etc/hosts.  If you look
at that line, I bet your unqualified hostname is the name there.  Add
your FQHN to the loopback entry as the first name and see if that
solves your problem.

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"