Howto create a custom-kernel Debian ISO?

Hi,
I've been spending the last two days struggling with installing Debian on a
Dell PowerEdge 4400 server. The problem is that the raid card (Perc 3/Di)
does need to be enabled in the kernel to be detected correctly. I have
compiled a kernel that detects it, but now I'm confused about how to get
Debian installed, using this custom kernel...

One way as I figure, would be to create a bootable ISO of the Debian cd and
include my kernel. The question is, how would I go about that? Should I use
mkisofs? If so how do I get the ISO correct?

Thanks for your help!

Pontus