No KDE for me

On a recent install of woody 3.X, if I say startx I get kde, not a
choice window or something but just straight to kde.  On boot up I get
a kind of selection window That allows a gnome choice or two.

I don't want anything to do with kde but its been so long since I had
to choose between, I've forgotten how its done.  I want to set the
default to gnome and really I want gnome/sawfish.  I'm accustomed to
that combo and know how to get what I want from it with out much
fumbling around.

I guess the sawfish part is as easy as `apt-get install sawfish'  But
I think there are more than one model.

Anyone here using that combo that can tell me how to get the default X
session to be gnome/sawfish