Re: Retry.. no more crybaby bs

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:25:49PM -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
> > In the last three attempts my nic is not recognized and any attempt to
> > install one of the 3com drivers is rejected.  I didn't capture any
> > error info but will this time if it comes up.  My card is:
> > 3Com 3C905B-TX (PCI)
> A kind poster named Sebastiaan, sent me a note that said to use the
> 3c59x driver.  The install bought it and I am network enabled now.
> This is something that needs to be patched though.

Wow, Debian install system seems to be much more friendly than I

I thought the right way of finding network driver is to look into kernel
source and its Makefile to find out module names and insert them into

This is typical of Debian, though.  It's strength is in "upgrade" and
not in initial install nor in hardware upgrade adjustments :)

Read Debian site www.debian.org/doc carefully.  Install manual must be
read before trying install.  Debian requires steep learning curve but
once you do it, maintenance is easy.

Have fun with Debian.

Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D
Visit Debian reference http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/
There are 6 files: index.{en|fr|it}.html quick-reference.{en|fr|it}.txt
I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.