Re: Sendmail logs rotated twice

<quote who="Aaron Hall">

> Surely this isn't supposed to be the case. I couldn't find any
bugs
> logged against sysklogd or sendmail for this, so I'm guessing that
> there's something else wrong. If it is a bug, though, which
package
> should it be filed against?

ive posted on this issue a few times. i believe it to
be a bug, most of my systems are potato and potato is
affected as well. last time i installed potato, logrotate
was part of the default install (i.e. when prompted to
select software, don't tell it anything and it installs
logrotate).  because of this, logrotate(IMO) should
be used for all logrotations. so (IMO) it is a bug
in the sysklogd package as well as a bug in the
radius server(forget which one im using) package
as well, as it does it's own rotations. it took
me forever to track that issue down.  i have
since moved to syslog servers which are actually
freebsd systems so i don't worry about the log
rotation on the debian boxes anymore.

there are probably more packages that do their
own log rotation as well ..radius and syslog
are the only 2 i have noticed sofar.

nate