backup solution suggestions

Hi all, I need to implement a backup solution for web, mail, dns, etc and wanted to hear any +/-  thoughts for writing a rsync scripts for cron for each server to do a weekly dump followed by daily incrementals OR use Amanda for this.  The server (woody), et al are already in place and I’m a few days away from getting started with rsync but wondered if someone here thought Amanda would be a better bet?—if so; why.  thanks, justin