cvs server giving permission denied: SOLVED

Today I tried to setup a local cvs server, auch the headaches I got:(

Finally I was able to do a `cvs -d.... co ...'.
The next logical step was to try 'cvs update', but helas this gave a:

   Permission denied

Not very helpful, nor informative; so I tried to search the archives.
There were some helpfull messages there, and one made me think: permission
problems:)  So I tried it as a different, more potent user and low and
behold, it worked. And it now worked for the other user as well.

What had happend was the the more potent user had created

   $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/Emptydir

I mail this so the solution get's recorded for the next one who doesn't
realise that `Permission denied' indicates some `permission problem'.

--
groetjes, carel