Re: user is not authorized to run X server

Axel Minck wrote:

Hi,

I am running Debian potato with XFree 3.3.6, and I can only start X server as root ; otherwise I get a message "user is not authorized to start X server"

I tried to modify my /etc/X11/Xserver file by replacing root by anybody but it doesn't work.

I noticed that I have no Xwrapper.config file.

I also tried dpkg-reconfigure xcommon-server but I get the following error : /debconf : package "xcommon-server" is not installed or does not use debconf/

I believe that should be "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common" rather than "xcommon-server".

Kent