user is not authorized to run X server

Title: Message
Hi,

I am running Debian potato with XFree 3.3.6, and I can only start X server as root ; otherwise I get a message "user is not authorized to start X server"
I tried to modify my /etc/X11/Xserver file by replacing root by anybody but it doesn't work.
I noticed that I have no Xwrapper.config file.
I also tried  dpkg-reconfigure xcommon-server but I get the following error : debconf : package "xcommon-server" is not installed or does not use debconf

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks

Axel