Re: question about Acrobat

softguy@citiz.net wrote:

i have downloaded Acrobat Reader 4.0 in gzipped tar file and installed
it.  but when i start it by /usr/local/Acrobat4/bin/acrobat.sh, it says
it can't find installation directory.

I no longer use Acrobat (mostly because of how they tried to squash freedom in general and Demetry (is that his name?) in particular), but I still have it on my system (I use xpdf now). Since it's been so long, I don't remember what it took to set it up, but thought I'd let you know that I don't have an "acrobat.sh" file; I have "/usr/local/Acrobat4/bin/acroread" instead, and it runs fine.

All this to say I can't answer your question, but here's a clue that may be somehow useful.

Kent