Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

begin  moseley@bumby.hank.org  quotation:

> Is there a debian package for Sylpheed?

Yes, in Woody and Sid.

> BTW -- why would using an X mail application exclude you from also
> running mutt?

It's not so much "prevented" as "made sufficiently painful". I tried
using Sylpheed and mutt together several months ago, and at that time it
did not work well because Sylpheed and mutt used incompatible ways of
indicating that a message has been read. I would read messages in one
program, then run the other and see all those messages still marked as
new. That was too annoying for words, considering the amount of mail I
get every day. So, since I need a non-X MUA for ssh sessions from remote
locations over slow connections, I just stopped using Sylpheed.

Craig