Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

I switched from Eudora and Pegasus in Windows to
Elm and now mutt in Linux. I found the transition to be
painless, although I did miss the folder handling in the
early days. I did run Pegasus with WINE for a while, but
made the final switch because I wanted to get away from
the non-standard mailbox format.

I thought I'd try Sylpheed after seing mention of it on this
list, but never felt like configuring another client. Now that
I've read it doesn't play nice with mutt, I'll just remove it.

I'm a pfe fan from way back. I still install it on any Windows
machine I'm forced to use for an extended period of time. For
most quick-and-dirty editing under Linux, I run whatever vi
clone I have. When the mood strikes me, I use emacs ( for instance
as my mail editor with mutt ).

Bob