Re: [Fwd: PAM Critical error, but no logging]

Okay, (Doh!) it looks like I don't have the cracklib_dict.pwd file
installed on the system where PAM doesn't work with cracklib.  I've
tried apt-get remove-ing and re-installing any crack-related packages
I've been able to find using apt-cache, but still no *_dict.* files.
I've also searched the old mailing list archives for this, so either
this is a bug or anomaly in the progression of packages, and in either
case there's no evidence anybody has known about it up until now.  I'm
betting it's a part of some normal package I'd put in on a complete
install but which I just cannot presently think of.  At any rate, I'd
like two forms of feedback:

	1)  What is the stable package I need to install to get these *_dict.*
files?
	2)  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better search for this
kind of problem using the apt-* facilities?

TIA.  I'll forward the final results to the pam-list, as I presume most
of you are not on that.  See Igmar's comments below for more
information.

Sincerely, Xeno

--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno