Re: Exim in Woody

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:38:15PM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
| correct.. its built as root.  I couldnt figure out how to build it to
| run as mail.

One of the problems is that exim needs to change it's UID for
deliveries so that it uses the user's UID instead of 'mail' or 'root'.

You can, however, set the "exim user" to something else in exim.conf
if you want (option 'exim_user').

| So how do I get the one that runs as root to be able to
| auth.  I think you just educated me that non-root apps cant auth against
| PAM?

Read /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz for all you will ever need to
know about exim.  (well, maybe not quite, but it _is_ a complete
documentation)

In particular, chapter 35 will be of interest to you.  I haven't done
anything with AUTH myself, though.

-D

--

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.