Re: Exim in Woody

hanasaki wrote:

Does anyone have information as to what options this was built with? It does not seem to support PAM. I installed exim via apt-get and it could not authorize users to send mail. I built exim from source and it authenticated fine.

Thanks

You should be able to see it from the scripts that are used to build the .deb, which you get when you 'apt-get source exim'. But I think PAM _is_ compiled in, cause I use it know. The only problem I had, is that it couldn't auth against /etc/shadow because exim runs as mail:mail out of the .deb. Am I right when I think you have compiled exim to run as root, that would explain why it works
now all of a sudden.

grts Tim