Re: Motherboard/Mainboard+Athlon chip

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:17:41 -0600 Judith Elaine Bush <debian@grey-cat.com> wrote:

> I'm in the market for a new computer and plan to run potato. The last
> time I bought a box for linux, I bought a cheap system and found the
> on-board sound & video chipsets weren't supported.

Currently running woody (2.4.17) on
- an ASUS A7V266 (Via chipset w/ Promise 20265 ATA/100 IDE) running
  1GHz Athlon-C
- an ECS K7S5A (SiS 735) running Athlon XP 1600+

They are definitely hot, but since you are getting a case from
Coolermaster, you know the importance of temerature.

I bought the ECS from http://www.micronux.com, which I found at
http://www.linux.org/vendors/systems.html.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |