Re: Motherboard/Mainboard+Athlon chip

<quote who="Bill Moseley">

> in at over $400 more than I paid a few weeks ago.  I bought mine at
> Pogolinux.com.  I wanted to support a linux builder.  Came with
> RedHat 7.2 but I replaced it with Debian.

everytime i see pogo linux i have to bring this up. i ordered
3 1U servers from pogolinux last year, and it was a absolute
nightmare. its probably an isolated incident. but they shipped
the systems late, gave some systems mismatched memory, none
of the systems had ECC memory as ordered, one system had half
the memory ordered, one system was missing a floppy drive cable,
none of the rack kits had any screws, and on top of that when
we returned them using their UPS shipper ID, 2 out of 3(all 3
shipped from different parts of the country) were returned
to us. Seems at the time we were returning them, Pogo decided
to move to a new office, and did not tell UPS in time, I would
of expected UPS to know about the new address and forward the
package since it was on their account, but it was returned.
there was more problems, but thats a taste of what I
experienced.

i ordered from another company, slightly more expensive,
larger box(4U vs 1U), but much better quality stuff,
and they shipped the system in perfect condition, nothing
missing, all parts the right kind, everything tested.

one of the head engineers over there(pogo) probably remembers
me, i was pissed.

maybe it was an isolated incident ...only the folks
at pogo know that i suspect.

(note: i too like to support linux vendors. i do not
buy from any of the "big name" OEMs. With the exception
of laptops, which most are IBM. Otherwise all my purchases
of new systems are from small shops, that usually support
linux in some form or another. Of course this is for
x86 hardware only, i also buy Sun stuff sometimes. ..)

nate
(trying very hard not to curse pogo's name)