Re: (OT) chicago

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 08:25:02PM -0600, Rich Puhek wrote:

> I do love driving the Chicago area freeways though. Watch "Road Warrior"
> before you go and you'll be ready for the evening traffic. Nothing like
> following someone doing 85 on 355 (speed limit supposedly 55 MPH) and
> seeing someone even crazier rocket by on the right while burning
> wreckage sits on the right. Just make sure you've got a lot of quarters
> (or get Ipass).

Heh, heh.  You drive the limit?  Speed limits on the expressways (never
called freeways by the natives) and tollways are *only* recommendations.
Except around holiday weekends, the roads are only lightly patrolled by
state troopers.  And their speeder-catching hideouts are well known to
regular travelers.  Haven't done 55 in twenty years.  Zero tickets in
twenty years, without using a radar detector.  That should say something
about speed enforcement around here.

Cordially,
Mark S. Reglewski