Re: (OT) chicago

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

> :-) I looked it up on maps.yahoo.com.  I had no idea where Elgin was,
> and I saw Chicago near it.  The zoom can have an effect on perspective
> as well, and I didn't look at the scale.

Don't worry, Elgin is still in Chicagoland (ie, Chicago metro area).
It's not _in_ Chicago, and I'd consider it an outlying suburb, but the
metro area is big.  I suppose a good way to gauge is whether
convenient train service is out far enough, and I think it is.  (Of
course, that would make Milwaukee a suburb of Chicago, which sounds
pretty reasonable to me.)

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people in Elgin who commute to
Chicago, which would be another useful measure.  For that matter,
Valpo IN thinks it's a suburb....

Regardless, you'll be close enough to take advantage of everything,
and you definitely should!

You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one.