Re: Exim configuration

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, R.Pac wrote:

> Thanks for responding.
> Obviously, any machines that use us as a smarthost have to be excluded
> from the relaying controls, as using us to relay mail for them is the
> whole point.

Yes.

> Are there any networks of local machines you want to relay mail for?
>
> If there are any, enter them here, separated with spaces or commas. You
> should use the standard address/length format (e.g. 194.222.242.0/24)
> If there are none, say `none'.

> I dont understand the question.
> Hox  should I answer this ?

It's asking for what networks you're going to be recieving mail from as
a smarthost relay yourself.  In my exim.conf it comes out like this:

host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : 192.168.0.0/16

If you need to figure out what to put after the slash, use a network
calculator.

> eximconfig talks about a visible name for the system is itmy ISP domain
> name ?

No, it's your machine's name, if you're serving your own mail.  If you
are using fetchmail exclusively for reception, you should go with
Satellite system on the first option, and then it'll ask you where users
will recieve thier mail.  This would be your ISPs name, you should use
the same login as your ISP on your system or put

yourispuser: yoursystemuser

in /etc/aliases and run newaliases.

> "Are there any domains you want to relay mail for---that is,"
> what is it ?

If you don't know, say no here.

--
Baloo