OT: kvm alternatives? (was: booting with no keyboard or moue)

Pardon me for a hideously off-topic question here, but does anyone know
of any cheap alternatives to getting a KVM for home use? I've got 3 PC's
tucked away under my desk, as well as a Sega Dreamcast that I connect my
monitor and my keyboard to, and none of them care about whether they're
started up with or without these devices or whether the devices are
plugged in afterwards. So, for me, there's no benefit in getting a KVM
for $500+ when I'm sure that there's a "quick and dirty" solution
available somewhere. I've scoured the net to no avail. (I'm not an
engineer, but how hard can it be to have a switch go from one input to 4
outputs?)

-Alex